Gambling addiction is a mental health problem, it is one of the impulse-control problems that a person can have. People who are addicted to gambling might engage in a wide variety of games like poker, blackjack, roulette, craps, slots, sports betting and also the rate of online gambling is reported to be rapidly increasing.
In America 15 million people are considered to be problem gamblers. No less than 3 million of them are severe problem gamblers; gambling addicts. Problem gambling has a negative effect on people’s life. Problem gambling can interfere with relationships, work and financial health.
Gambling addiction can run in the family
If someone’s parents are gambling addicts, the chance that he or she develops a gambling problem is likely. By studying fraternal and identical twins, scientists from the Queensland Institute of Medical Research in Brisbane in Australia found out that genes play a role in gambling addiction.
Signs of problem gambling
You do not have to gamble every day to be a problem gambler. If you recognize a number of the following signs in your own or a friends’ behavior, it might very well indicate a gambling addiction.
- Losing time from work or school due to gambling.
- Gambling to win money for paying off debts.
- Gambling decreasing your state of happiness or ambition.
- Feeling a strong need to win your money back after losing it in a casino.
- Feeling a strong urge to win more after winning in a casino.
- Borrowing money to gamble with or to pay off gambling debts with.
- Selling money to gamble with or to pay off gambling debts with.
- Gambling longer than planned.
- Gambling to escape your problems.
- Stealing money to finance gambling.
- Trouble with sleeping due to gambling.
If you recognize these problems we advise you to talk to someone about it or seek for professional help. For instance from Gamblers Anonymous.
Do you remember? The first mobile phones where huge! In 1994 you could only call somebody with your mobile phone. And it was online for rich people and businessmen. 16 years later 5,3 milliard people all over the world have a mobile phone. Today we
There definitely is a link between alcohol and gambling. Researchers have discovered that just two drinks are enough to affect the judgment of most gamblers, resulting in larger bets. Also sometimes ex-alcoholics who have brought their drinking under
BingoHall.com is an online bingo site that offers a realistic experience thanks to the fact that they are powered by one of the most technologically advanced software in the industry right now. There are more than 300 games and bingo patters available.